I hope that the Chicken Parmigiana video is fairly self explanatory. Chicken Parmigiana or “Parma” is is a bit of a traditional pub meal in Australia. The idea for using avocado on the chicken parmigiana came from taste.com.au.
Chicken Parmigiana (parma)
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 6 tablespoons Napoli Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Tasty Cheddar Cheese
- 3 slices of Ham
- 1/2 Avocado
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- 2 Egg
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 Panko Bread Crumbs
- Flatten the chicken breasts
- Crumb each chicken breast
- Pan fry on a moderate heat until just cooked through
- Place on a baking tray
- Cover each piece of chicken with about 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
- Tear up pieces of shaved or sliced ham and put on top.
- Slice up half an avocado, and place slices on top of chicken.
- Put a generous handful of shredded cheese on each piece.
- Grate some parmesan cheese over each piece.
- Put the chicken into a pre heated oven on about 200 C for about 4 minutes.
Ham can be substituted with prosciutto or fried bacon.