The thai green curry paste is the complicated part, see the “Thai Green Curry Paste” post, making the actual Thai Green Curry is he easy part. There is nothing better than the fresh flvour of a Thai green Curry.
Thai Green Curry
Recipe type: Curry
- 1 can (400 ml) full cream coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Green curry paste (to suit individual taste)
- 400 g chicken sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 150g Thai bamboo shoots / eggplant chopped up
- Thai sweet basil leaves
- 2 chilies as garnish
- Open the can of coconut milk (note that it needs to have sat long enough in the pantry that the cream has risen to the top of the can prior to opening). Pour off the top ½ cup of liquid; this is the cream, then pour off the rest, which will give about 1 cup of milk.
- Heat up the coconut cream over a medium heat for a few minutes. Mix in the curry paste and cook until fragrant. (We are using the oil in the coconut cream instead of adding oil, as the coconut cream cooks you will see the oil separate )
- Add the chicken, coat in curry paste and cook until it has some colour.
- Add coconut milk, torn Kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce and palm sugar.
- Add eggplant / bamboo shoots and cook through.
- Add basil leaves.
- Serve, removing the kaffir lime leaves, and garnish with sprig of basil and sliced up chillies.