Chilli shrimp (prawns) – One of my life time pursuits is to find the ultimate recipe for chilli shrimp. So far this is it, a few ingredients, quick to cook and quicker to eat. Only 4 ingredients are needed; shrimp (prawns), butter, garlic and chillies. In this example I also used a bed of fettuccine. The one thing I am yet to settle on is to peel or not peel the shrimp prior to cooking, but I think I have a workable compromise. Here is another recipe that highlights the head and shell as centre on shrimpy tasty flavour – http://wtseafood.com/recipe-linguini-with-head-on-shrimp-tomatoes-and-garlic/
- 4 large raw shrimp / (green prawns)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons of chilli flakes (or finely chopped fresh chilli)
- 2 teaspoons of finely copped garlic (I use a fine micro-grater)
- ½ cup cooked spagetti or asian noodle
- Peel and remove heads from shrimp
- In a small pan melt the butter over a medium heat
- When it starts to bubble add the chilli, garlic and shrimp heads.
- Mix in with the butter for a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the shrimp turning them a few times to coat with butter, chilli and garlic.
- Cook for a minute on each side, then remove from the pan and discard the shrimp heads.
- Add the spaghetti or noodles to the pan and stir in order to soak up the remaining butter, chilli and garlic.
- Serve the shrimp on the bed of noodles.
As you can see the new camera works a treat.